Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Little Bro!!



For those of you who know me well, you know that my family is a big part of my life. When I was 8-years-old, a new addition was added to our family. Everyone told me how much I would hate it. I was warned by good intentioned friends that since I would no longer be the baby, I would be pushed aside by the new little imposer. However, I don't remember feeling that way a day in my life. From the time he came into our family he captured all our hearts. James was blessed on the same Sunday I was confirmed and as long as I can remember he has been one of my best friends. As a little boy he was delightful to play with as his imagination was amazing. He never got annoyed at me for prying in on his friends growing up. We have shared our birthdays for most our lives since they are so close together. We have had great animal adventures including Tanner (the rabbit), Oscar (the bird), Bailey (the dog), and a number of cats. When I was in high school, I devoted at least one or two days each month for "date" night with James. It was just a night for the two of us, me a 16 or 17-year-old high school girl and James a 10 or 11-year-old elementary kid. But we had a blast getting ice cream or rainbows and driving around talking. James was adopted by many of my friends as a little brother as well. As he got older, our talks became more meaningful, sharing spiritual insights and ideas on what the world could be like. Yes, James was a great brother and an even better friend. I hope he knows how much he has added to my life. I think the world of him and whether he likes to admit it or not somewhere inside of him is that Stripling Warrior waiting to break free and fight the good fight!!! James, you are the best and I hope you have a great birthday!!

1 comments:

Our Corner

I like to see myself as a stripling warrior. With 26 inch biceps and abs you can iron a shirt on! I have had a rough adjustment to married life and that's no secret. Having a great wife and supportive family has been the only way I've made it through it all. Happy birthday to you, too.
-James