Wednesday, September 10, 2008

10 Things I Hate About Being Pregnant!!

Okay, I don't like to post negative thoughts and ideas however, I am now nearly 36 weeks pregnant and feeling it!! So, here is my list of the 10 things I hate about being pregnant. For those of you who enjoy being pregnant, I envy you. For those of you who share my sentiments, hopefully you can laugh or cry along with me. For those of you who have yet to experience, just know that by my 4th pregnancy, 36 weeks along I am just cranky and miserable and you should in no way find this as an endorsement against pregnancy or having children :)!!


10. Heartburn that literally burns from the stomach to the back of my throat! What sets it off...hmmm, anything that I eat or drink besides water!! Can I live on water for the next 4 weeks??


9. Feeling like I am 90-years-old and suffering from arthritis in nearly every joint between my legs and my neck!! Oh well, good practice for what the future may hold!


8. Getting up 3 or 4 times every night to use the restroom!!!! Again, good practice for getting up 4-6 times everynight once the baby arrives!


7. The return of nausea??!!?? What???? This didn't happen with my other three, why am I feeling like I have morning sickness all day again???


6. Having a bulldozer in my tummy! This little guy kicks, punches, rolls, turns, tugs, hits...you name a movement, he is doing it in my belly. Funny?? NO...more like OUCH!!!!!


5. SPD...I had never heard of this but apparently sometimes pelvis bones get out of alignment during pregnancy. Oh how I have loved this since week 22 of this pregnancy. Walking is painful, sitting is painful, lying too long on one side or the other creates pain. It is like having permanently out of joint hip bones!


4. Being too tired to carry my darling little Gavin!! I hate it by the end of the night when I am so tired and he begs to be carried down the stairs to his bed. I either have to tell him no and hold his hand or clench my teeth through pain and carry him down. Niether option is very fun!


3. My normally patient self has no patience for anyone or anything!! I hate feeling upset and grumpy, especially at my little ones!!


2. The fact that most people keep saying, "The big day is so soon!" and I want to punch them because 4 weeks left of this does NOT feel like soon enough for me!!


1. Feeling like a beached whale no matter what position I am in. Sitting on the couch, I know I must look huge! Walking around with a shuffling waddle, once again I must look ridiculous! Laying in bed...what a joke!! AAAGGGHHH!!


However, This is what I have to look forward to in just 4 weeks give or take (usally on the give for me!!)





Worth all the things I hate??? Definately!!

2 comments:

Rachel

this post is hilarious! although i'm sure it doesn't seem very funny to you! i can relate to every single one and i am glad it's you and not me!! :) you always have such a good attitude that i forget that you are even pregnant. hang in there!

Our Corner

On the positive side, Even though you go through all that you still can see why you are doing it. So I guess you could say that the glass is still half full to you. :)I cant really relate never being pregnant but our services are always here. If you ever want to have a couple hours to yourself feel free to drop the kids off.