
Well, this presidential race we haven't heard much about the unpardonable and nasty crime of flip-flopping since Romney stepped out of the race. However, my sweet little baby boy is already in the habit of doing some flip flopping of his own. Three weeks ago, at 34 weeks, he was heads up and feet down. At 34 weeks my Doc told me not to worry too much about it. At 36 weeks, hooray for us he was head down. I was so relieved, feeling comfortable that this little guy was ready to make his entrance into the world without any drama. The week between my 36 and 37 week visit was a crazy one. To call him a bulldozer was nothing for this week. I woke up at times in the night just holding my stomach as the pain was so incredible. No amount of chaning positions seemed to help the pain. I wasn't having any contractions, just super uncomfortable pain, like someone had used my midsection as a punching bag of sorts. Well, Friday we went back in for week 37 check up and guess what....yes, you guessed it, the little guy is now heads up...AGAIN!!!! Well, she is giving him one more week to see if he will change back into heads down position. She did a little manual manipulation at the appointment Friday and got him to move a little, not without a bit of pain to accompany the movement I might say. Well come next Friday if he is still not cooperating she will schedule an ECV (which means trying to flip the baby into the right position while monitoring everything on ultrasound) for the following week sometime. Too much time past 38 weeks and she feels like I won't have enough amnio fluid to move him!!! Well, come on little guy, practice your political aspirations one more time and flop or flip, either way it would be easier!!


2 comments:
oh i hope i hope he moves for you! that sucks that he is causing so much pain though. i saw nate tonight at the hockey game- he is so cute!
Good luck. I had the external version done with Jackson - it was unsuccessful. A c-section followed a week or two later. I hope yours goes more smoothly. :) You are right - it isn't the most comfy thing in the world. Keep your fingers crossed that he turns.
Post a Comment