Monday, September 8, 2008

Peachy Keen in Brigham City!

This last weekend was Brigham City's annual Peach Days festival. Since my parents moved to the surrounding area a couple years ago, this has become a fun tradition for our family. This year the festivities included a small train ride for the kiddies, a fun Hula Dance demonstration (incidentally, Abby tried her hand at the po'i balls and found them to be rather difficult), hand dipped fair style corndogs, a huge sand trailer for the kiddies to play in, booths, and food. Overall we had a great time!! Although, I didn't get any peach cobbler. My mom had some and told me how delicious it was and I somehow left without any!! We did partake of some of the fresh peaches my mom bought at one of the many fruit stands along Highway 89 and they were so juicy and delicious! I have a peach cobbler recipe I'm trying out, if I like it, I'll post it!

3 comments:

Our Corner

It was so fun going to peach days with you and the kids. I always loves these time we have to get to know each other more. Watching the kids get all excited about those rides too was fun. :) I have some pictures of them on the rides that I'll post later.

Emily

Ah, Peach Days! Brad's grandparents/aunts and uncles lived/live in BC so, especially while we were at USU, we went there oft!

Rachel

I've never been to this but it sounds so fun. Paul absolutely loves peaches... next year! So don't worry about the blessing. I hope you are all feeling better!!