Our girls in the ward have been working on a Sacrament Meeting coming up in November. Our theme for the sacrament meeting is spiritual gifts. This is a topic I have never really studied in detail and the more I delve into it the more fascinated I am by it. The ultimate Gift from God to all of us is the Atonement and Resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ. However, all of us have been given special gifts as well. Our challenge to the girls was to try and figure out which gifts they have. I have decided to also follow this challenge as I have never tried to figure out what my gifts are. Elder Bruce R. McConkie said, "Spiritual gifts are endless in number and infinite in variety." Well, this make the challenge seem a little daunting. We are also told in 1 Tim 4:14-16 "Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee...meditate upon these things...take heed...to save thyself and them that hear thee." Wow, after looking at these scriptures I think that I better figure out what my gifts are and use them. What a beautiful principle that God has given each of us gifts. They are already in us and we need to figure them out and use them. Once again I am reminded that God wants us to grow. He didn't tell us what our gifts are and then say go to it. He wants us to figure them out, meditate upon it and then use them. He is all too aware that the growth that will come from the journey to the gift is just as valuable as the gift itself.Monday, September 22, 2008
Sunday Thoughts
Our girls in the ward have been working on a Sacrament Meeting coming up in November. Our theme for the sacrament meeting is spiritual gifts. This is a topic I have never really studied in detail and the more I delve into it the more fascinated I am by it. The ultimate Gift from God to all of us is the Atonement and Resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ. However, all of us have been given special gifts as well. Our challenge to the girls was to try and figure out which gifts they have. I have decided to also follow this challenge as I have never tried to figure out what my gifts are. Elder Bruce R. McConkie said, "Spiritual gifts are endless in number and infinite in variety." Well, this make the challenge seem a little daunting. We are also told in 1 Tim 4:14-16 "Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee...meditate upon these things...take heed...to save thyself and them that hear thee." Wow, after looking at these scriptures I think that I better figure out what my gifts are and use them. What a beautiful principle that God has given each of us gifts. They are already in us and we need to figure them out and use them. Once again I am reminded that God wants us to grow. He didn't tell us what our gifts are and then say go to it. He wants us to figure them out, meditate upon it and then use them. He is all too aware that the growth that will come from the journey to the gift is just as valuable as the gift itself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
This was a topic that I struggled with for awhile cause I always thought our spiritual gifts or talents were something like playing the piano or singing stuff like that. I was shocked to find out that not all our special gifts and talents are things like painting and such but it can be kindness or an ability to make friends easily. This really helped me to figure out what some of my spiritual gifts were.
Post a Comment