
Abby-We were walking through the store today and Abby was pretending to be a queen. She told Nathan he could be the king. Nathan asked what his name was and Abby told him King Henry. I interrupted and said, "You may want to rethink that Abby since most of Henry VIII wives were killed by him when he got tired of them." She quickly got that look of concern on her face and said, "Actually mom, he had them beheaded because none of them had boy babies to become king." Well, so much for teaching my daughter a little something about European history. Thank you Lisa for her thorough history on the Tudor family!!!
Nathan-The other day he was playing with two small plastic toy snakes. He had a cobra and a rattlesnake and asked me what kind of snakes they were. He asked if they liked each other. I told him no and he asked if they ever helped each other out. I told him that I knew rattlesnakes would all live together sometimes in dens but I wasn't really all that sure that they would help each other out. He sat quiet for a moment and then said, "I bet they would help each other out if they were really in trouble." I love childlike innocence when the world is still a hope filled place and you have nothing but the utmost faith in mankind...or snakekind in this instance.
Gavin-Everytime Gavin gets disciplined lately (which is a daily affair for poor Gavin) he gets this look of infuriation on his face. He clenches his fists up and shakes them at me and yells hard enough to make his face bright red, "You Are Naughty Mom!" It is pretty funny but I would probably find it funnier if I weren't trying to discipline him!


1 comments:
abby's is so funny! she is so smart. so sweet of nathan to believe in the good of everyone or thing. and so i love that gavin calls you a naughty mom! im excite for you new little one, not too much longer!
Post a Comment