Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Our Very Own Bookworm

Here is a list of the books Abby has started and finished since school began a month ago:
FableHaven Books 2 and 3
The Witches by Roald Dahl
Goosebumps Piano Lessons can be Murder
Junie B. Jones 1st Grader 2 times
and half of George's Marvelous Medicine by Roald Dahl

She has also read a few more juvenile books a number of times....Wow!!! She puts me to shame. My third grader has read well over 1000 pages in a month's time. I am having a hard time finding any time to read lately. Abby will disappear and I will know she is either down in her room or on my bed reading. She absolutely loves it and can't get enough. In fact, she loves her school motto which is "Read to Learn". Do you think she can get too much of a good thing?? Maybe, but I'd much rather see her spending too many hours in a book than too many hours in front of the TV!

5 comments:

Our Corner

One of the things she wanted to do when she slept over was just read our books together. :)She is such a smart little girl.

P.S. Tag Your it. please see my blog

Lisa

You go Abby -- You keep reading and dreaming! There is nothing wrong with reading for fun, for learning, for living, and for life! :)

Leake's

Live to Learn,
Learn to Love,
as a result you will
Love to Live.

I love to read also, it is a time factor I have trouble with. Soooo, keep reading, there are adventures to many to number....

Evans Family

She is amazing! You have done such a good job with her. Although, I know they come with what they come with, your kids are lucky to have you!
Diana

Candi

Well thanks for lurking! Tyler said he is going to email you to say hello, but I'm not patient enough. So, I figured I could say hello as well!