
Okay, my sweet husband was a little sad when he read the blog and found himself on there in my tagged entry. He wanted me to make sure that my readers knew that the glasses he is wearing in the photos (like the one above) are Air Force issue! They are not his choosing, they were given to him in his first days of boot camp and they are the only glasses he was allowed to wear the duration of his seven week stay in San Antonio. The name that is given to them--BCG (battle combat glasses) however, the airmen lovingly call them BCG for birth control glasses!!:-)

I also thought while I was at it I would post a couple more photos of Justin's flight marching at the Boot Camp graduation ceremony. His flight was one of the honor flights so they had the privilege of carrying the flags at the ceremony. The ceremony is quite a site, to see so many people in uniform marching in complete unison is pretty cool!!!

They parade around the field, up one side, march in front of all the visiting dignitaries and Air Force bigwigs and then down the other side and back into position. All this in temps around 103-105 degrees!!! We, as the audience were sitting under nice shaded canopies with misters blowing on us. Justin endured his boot camp during July and August, during the hottest season. Even at 4:30 or 5:00 AM when they did morning runs Justin says it was HOT. To brag about my husband a little more...he graduated as one of only a handful of honor grads and he also received a marksman award which is a difficult feat!! I married a good one!!!
1 comments:
I personally think he is lucky to have such a quality pair of glasses. They'll probably last forever!
Post a Comment