Well another conference has come and gone. I love conference weekend and the opportunity to listen prophets of God speak and direct us. Some highlights for me:*Being able to stand (even if it was at home in my PJ's) in a solemn assembly and raise my hand to sustain a new Prophet and President of the church. Seeing my little Abby do the same and praying it had an influence on her for good.
*Russell M. Nelson's beautiful talk on responsibilities of parents and his counsel to correct quietly and privately and then show an increase of love immediately afterward so they don't hold any hard or bitter feelings.
*The Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing one of my favorite hymns "Redeemer of Israel." This hymn is a moving and touching tribute to me of all the saints in any dispensation have had to endure and sacrifice. It also reminds me how important this work is and how the Lord will guide it and direct it....and I LOVE it!!
*Jeffrey R. Holland's talk on modern revelation and how the Lord still speaks and directs his children.
*And I have to admit that like every conference weekend, seeing the conference end so I know my sweet husband will be coming home soon. You can't imagine the hours he works every week but these weekends especially!! :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment