I love the prophet Enos in the Book of Mormon. I often overlook this story in the Book of Mormon. What a wonderful example to us of someone who truly and earnestly desires all the Lord has to offer. We are told he wrestled with the Lord and that his soul hungered to know the truth of the things of the Lord. The language he uses is beautiful and powerful. He doesn't desire to know or want to know...he hungered. For those of us who have hungered, you know the gnawing feeling in your stomach that makes it hard to focus on anything else except how hungry you are. I should like to hunger like that for truth and light. In the world today it seems like so many other things are clamoring for our attention so that the hungering for the Lord is swallowed up by other superficial things. Then, I love how Enos doesn't just casually ask...he prays mightily unto the Lord, crying out unto Him all day and night!! So often my prayers are quick and easy so I can jump into bed or get the day going. However, Enos reminds me that praying is a form of work and something that shouldn't be taken lightly. What a great example!Monday, April 28, 2008
Sunday Thoughts
I love the prophet Enos in the Book of Mormon. I often overlook this story in the Book of Mormon. What a wonderful example to us of someone who truly and earnestly desires all the Lord has to offer. We are told he wrestled with the Lord and that his soul hungered to know the truth of the things of the Lord. The language he uses is beautiful and powerful. He doesn't desire to know or want to know...he hungered. For those of us who have hungered, you know the gnawing feeling in your stomach that makes it hard to focus on anything else except how hungry you are. I should like to hunger like that for truth and light. In the world today it seems like so many other things are clamoring for our attention so that the hungering for the Lord is swallowed up by other superficial things. Then, I love how Enos doesn't just casually ask...he prays mightily unto the Lord, crying out unto Him all day and night!! So often my prayers are quick and easy so I can jump into bed or get the day going. However, Enos reminds me that praying is a form of work and something that shouldn't be taken lightly. What a great example!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment