Sunday, April 13, 2008

Belated Birthday Tribute


I have been terribly amiss in my blogging!! On April 3rd the most influential person in my life had a birthday. Our family has been battling with the flu and viruses lately and I was sick. However, I didn't want any more time to go by without posting a belated birthday tribute to my wonderful mom.
I say that my mom is probably the most influential person in my life without any hesitation. As a child she was an amazing mom. When I was sick or distraught or discouraged, she always had a kind word, a cool hand on a fevered forehead, warm Jell-O water for an upset tummy, it seemed that she always knew how to make things better. Her patience for children is truly amazing.
She taught me more about having faith in Christ and an unwavering love for him by her pure example. Her emotion when singing "There is A Green Hill Far Away" and her reverence for the Saviour had a deep impact on me as a girl and it set me out to begin my own search for a relationship with my Saviour that was hopefully as strong as hers. As a teenager she was my friend and mentor. I counted her as close as my best girlfriends and loved spending time with her just as much if not more. As a young adult she counseled and guided and sometimes chided to make sure I followed the path that she and I both knew the Lord had laid out for me. As a young mother she was ALWAYS there. I could not have gone through Abby without her there. She was always there to help and bouy me up when my faith felt lacking. She relieved my long nights and days at the hospital as I wouldn't leave Abby alone with no one there to be by her side.

As a grandma, my mom is the most amazing!! She loves my kids tremendously. Each one feels special and loved unconditionally. Each ones life is enriched by her time and love and testimony. Thanks to my wonderful mom for her years and years of true motherhood and her example to me of how to be a mom myself!! I love you!!

1 comments:

Emily

I love your mom too! She was always so welcoming and a friend to your friends. Hope she had a great birthday. Hope you are all feeling better!