Nathan has recently decided that he loves to visit various websites (with mom's supervision) such as PBSKids.org or Scoobydoo.com or Cartoonnetwork.com and play the online video games. Well, we have one computer that is set up in a common office area. The other day I had taken some photos on my camera and loaded them onto my computer. I removed the camera card from the computer and placed it on the desk, next to the keyboard. Nathan asked if he could play on one of his little websites so I loaded him up and went about the day cleaning up. When I came back later, I went to pick up the camera card and it was gone. Abby was in playing with Nathan at the time. I asked where the card had gone and of course both of them shrugged and said, I don't know. Finally, after some coaxing, they admitted they had been playing with the card. Apparently, Nathan had dropped it on the floor and that was the last they had seen of it. I searched around and it was nowhere to be found. I am assuming that my littlest helper has toted it off somewhere and hid it in one of his favorite spots (in the toaster, down heater vents or cold air returns, in the toilet...etc.) Well, I gave the kids "lecture #5" on respecting other people's properties and explained that now I would have to go buy a new one. I went back into the kitchen to finish cleaning in there. Nathan showed up a few minutes later and said, with his little head looking down at his toes, "Sorry mom we lost your card. We're just curious kids you know." Well, of course I couldn't help but laugh at him. They are just curious and they say the cutest things!!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Just Curious
Nathan has recently decided that he loves to visit various websites (with mom's supervision) such as PBSKids.org or Scoobydoo.com or Cartoonnetwork.com and play the online video games. Well, we have one computer that is set up in a common office area. The other day I had taken some photos on my camera and loaded them onto my computer. I removed the camera card from the computer and placed it on the desk, next to the keyboard. Nathan asked if he could play on one of his little websites so I loaded him up and went about the day cleaning up. When I came back later, I went to pick up the camera card and it was gone. Abby was in playing with Nathan at the time. I asked where the card had gone and of course both of them shrugged and said, I don't know. Finally, after some coaxing, they admitted they had been playing with the card. Apparently, Nathan had dropped it on the floor and that was the last they had seen of it. I searched around and it was nowhere to be found. I am assuming that my littlest helper has toted it off somewhere and hid it in one of his favorite spots (in the toaster, down heater vents or cold air returns, in the toilet...etc.) Well, I gave the kids "lecture #5" on respecting other people's properties and explained that now I would have to go buy a new one. I went back into the kitchen to finish cleaning in there. Nathan showed up a few minutes later and said, with his little head looking down at his toes, "Sorry mom we lost your card. We're just curious kids you know." Well, of course I couldn't help but laugh at him. They are just curious and they say the cutest things!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment