Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday Thoughts

Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.
Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.
Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;
for behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;
And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work. Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence. Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

On my mission I had D&C 4 memorized forward and backward. I had studied every attribute and found this scripture a source of inspiration and power in my missionary work. Now, about 10 years later, I am reminded again of this beautiful scripture. My beautiful little Abby has a friend who used to live close by. Her little friend moved a few months ago but Abby and her still play together. During last summer, Abby asked if I would ask her parents if she could go to church with us. Well, I was hestitant and worried what kind of impact it might have on the girl's relationship and our relationship so, I never asked. Well, last night Abby had a sleepover with this sweet girl and this morning when I went to pick Abby up, her friend was dressed in church clothes. Abby had asked if her friend could go to church. Her mom readily agreed. Abby reminded me that there are missionary opportunities all around us, yes even here in Utah. Ask and we shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto us. The Lord is excited and willing to let us share in this most wonderful of all blessings, missionary work, if we will but be willing to do it. Thanks Abby for a reminder to me of the importance of missionary work.

1 comments:

Unknown

What an amazing example! Thanks, Abby, for having the faith to do the right things!