“Time is passing. Yet, for the United States of America, there will be no forgetting September the 11th. We will remember every rescuer who died in honor. We will remember every family that lives in grief. We will remember the fire and ash, the last phone calls, the funerals of the children. “- President George W. Bush, November 11, 2001
“Now, we have inscribed a new memory alongside those others. It’s a memory of tragedy and shock, of loss and mourning. But not only of loss and mourning. It’s also a memory of bravery and self-sacrifice, and the love that lays down its life for a friend–even a friend whose name it never knew. “- President George W. Bush, December 11, 2001
Am I the only one who has noticed the same people who complained that we didn’t ‘connect the dots’ prior to 9-11, are now complaining that we connected the dots in Iraq?- Rush Limbaugh
http://www.jontzen.com/tributes911/little_did_she_know.htm
This video tribute is a beautiful tribute as is the one in the previous post. However, I should forwarn you that they definately made me cry!!! Even when I'm not pregnant these two tributes really get to me. However, I think it is important that as these events get farther and farther away we still take the time to remember and pay our respects and tributes to those who suffered in these attacks. Eventually they will be like Pearl Harbor Day...many of us probably don't even know when that day is. However, Pearl Harbor Day to my grandparents was more than just some history date from the history books. September 11 should always remain that way for us. A moment in history that shook us, changed us. Hopefully we can all take a few minutes to reflect today.


3 comments:
That tribute was so sad. Thanks for posting about this. It's so great that we dont make this "just some history date from a the history books."
I always think of 9/11 in memory of those lost but I also remember it as the day I hear my first childs heartbeat fot the first time.
For 7 years, this day has made me sad. This year, though, for the first time I was happy to see the "MEDIA" try to make it a day of service. What a good thing to think about for next year. What can I do on September 11, 2009 that will serve others? Neat!!!!
Post a Comment