President Gordon B. Hinckley said, “The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find their roots in the teaching of children by fathers and mothers” (in Conference Report, Oct. 1993, 79; or Ensign, Nov. 1993, 60).
What a powerful statement from yesterday's Sunday School lesson. I believe in society we so often undermine the powerful impact of the role of parents. As I watch the video above I am so grateful for parents (and especially my mother on Mother's Day) whose teachings and examples shaped the person I am today. When I think of my education, my value system, my mission, my temple endowment and sealing...I owe the majority of it to great parents. When I watch this video I also look at my beautiful children, on loan from God, and realize the great responsibility that is mine!!


1 comments:
thanks for the always uplifting and inspiring messages! i really enjoy your insight and it makes me think :)
Post a Comment