Today was our monthly trip to Hill Air Base. Since the base is about 20 minutes or so away we go down once a month for grocery shopping at the commissary (the deals are WELL worth the drive). Well today, Nathan needed a haircut as well. Usually Nathan likes his dad to take him but Justin was working today. So, the boys and I went to the base barbershop together. This is a real military barber...they don't use scissors and pull the hair up on each side to see if it is even. Nope, they pull out the clippers and start buzzing!! They buzz up the back and on each side and then always leave it a little longer on top so I can spike it up. I had to laugh at the end of the haircut because they take a Flobie (vacuum tube) and clean all the loose hair up around the shoulders, neck and head. Well, we were sitting there and Nathan was the only child today. It was Nathan, the barbers who were mostly military men today (big brawny arms complete with tattoos), and a couple airmen getting haircuts as well. Well, when Nathan's barber pulled the Flobie out and started vaccuuming him up he just started giggling and laughing. All the men in the place couldn't help but laugh at his impish little laugh and dancing eyes!! Nathan made my day today...I love how compulsive Nathan is and how every moment is a moment to live in for Nathan!!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Shave and a Haircut!!
Today was our monthly trip to Hill Air Base. Since the base is about 20 minutes or so away we go down once a month for grocery shopping at the commissary (the deals are WELL worth the drive). Well today, Nathan needed a haircut as well. Usually Nathan likes his dad to take him but Justin was working today. So, the boys and I went to the base barbershop together. This is a real military barber...they don't use scissors and pull the hair up on each side to see if it is even. Nope, they pull out the clippers and start buzzing!! They buzz up the back and on each side and then always leave it a little longer on top so I can spike it up. I had to laugh at the end of the haircut because they take a Flobie (vacuum tube) and clean all the loose hair up around the shoulders, neck and head. Well, we were sitting there and Nathan was the only child today. It was Nathan, the barbers who were mostly military men today (big brawny arms complete with tattoos), and a couple airmen getting haircuts as well. Well, when Nathan's barber pulled the Flobie out and started vaccuuming him up he just started giggling and laughing. All the men in the place couldn't help but laugh at his impish little laugh and dancing eyes!! Nathan made my day today...I love how compulsive Nathan is and how every moment is a moment to live in for Nathan!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Sounds like I could get a job there as the only way I know how to cut boy hair is to shave it all off. (Saves me the combing headache every morning also.) Very cute and fun little guy you've got there!
P.S. Our neighbor used to use the Floobie on their dog! I love it!
Post a Comment