Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ogden School District Art Festival

Abby came home the other day from school with a note addressed to her parents. When I opened the letter it said we were invited to the Ogden School District Art Festival where Abby was to be awarded an honorable mention. This surprised both Justin and I as we had not known anything about this. Abby usually tells us most of what goes on at school. When I showed her the letter she said, "Oh yeah, the art teacher came around and picked a few art projects from each class to enter into the competition. From our class he picked my panda bear picture but, I didn't think it was that good." Well, last night we went to the awards ceremony at the historic Union Station here in Ogden. Abby is shown above with her award in front of her Panda picture.
Here is Abby outside the building after the ceremony. Congrats Abby on a very artistic Panda painting!!