Friday, May 2, 2008

Feliz Cumpleanos!!!

Last night our good friend and Stake President invited us to his wife's 29th (and holding) birthday celebration. He put together a beautiful dinner Brazilian style (with the help of some Brazilian ward members) a great dessert bar and he even had a Mariachi band (Mariachi Zavala) there to play. He and his wife both served Spanish speaking missions so they love and adore the Hispanic culture. The evening was so wonderful. The Mariachi band was excellent, taking requests and walking around to each table in true Mariachi style. The food was delicious and the company was wonderful. I am so grateful to be back in a ward with friends who I truly enjoy and who love and care about each other. Our Stake President, who was previously our bishop, and his wife are two of the most amazing and incredible people I know. We were happy to be there celebrating such a great night with them. Good friends are truly gifts from God and a loving ward family is a priceless treasure to Justin and myself and our family!!