Today we had another ultrasound and we are having a boy!! At first, I admit, I was not overly thrilled at this. I have two great boys, albeit a bit wild. I was hoping for one more girl to round out the family. However, a couple days ago, I remembered an experience I had when I was trying to decide whether or not to serve a mission. I would go to Temple Square in Salt Lake frequently as I was struggling with this decision. Many of you know I really didn't want to serve a mission but felt strongly that I should. One Sunday afternoon I was in the Christus room downtown and it was only myself and a couple of sister missionaries in the room. I asked one of them if she felt her mission was valuable. She shared a quote with me that changed my whole perspective. I wish I could find it, but was unable to so I will have to share the general idea. I believe it was a quote by Ezra Taft Benson and it basically said that more and more sisters are choosing to serve missions. These missions are important as in the future, these sisters would be raising the next generation of a great missionary army that will need to be better prepared to go forth in the last days to carry out the work. Well, that was one of the major deciding factors for me. I wanted my future children to be prepared missionaries and strong in the gospel. So, it only makes sense that one more little prospective missionary would be sent into our family!! It does make my job as a mother a little weightier but, I feel that one of the big reasons for my mission was to help prepare these little souls for serving. So, yeah for another boy and yeah that everything looks good!!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Ships and Sails and Puppy Dog's Tails
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Congratulation!!! Your an amazing person Nikki. I hope someday to have the same out look on life that you do.
Not biased or anything here, but I'd say 3 boys is a pretty cool thing. Congratulations! So happy that everything looks good.
Congrats on the baby boy! I'm proud of you for finding a great way to look at it and not be disappointed! Inspiring too- makes me happy (and a little nervous) about having a boy.
Post a Comment