
Well, I got into the whole Harry Potter craze a little late!! I didn't anxiously await each new book release, attend any release parties, throw any Potter parties...actually I thought that the whole Harry Potter craze was so overdone that I wanted nothing to do with it. Well, when Abby brought the first book home and asked me to read it to her, I couldn't tell her no. We began reading and since I absolutely love reading out loud, complete with character voices and all, these books were fun and thoroughly entertaining for both of us. I love all the different characters and accents I can use while reading this (sounds dorky I know but you really should try it out for fun!!!) Anyway, we just finished the 5th book and have really loved each and every one so far. We have a little tradition of watching the movied together after we have finished the book. It is a fun little tradition and is a special thing just for Abby and me. (Nathan finds the books too scary) Well, we have enjoyed the movies as well and it is fun discussing each book vs movie after to see what was left out and what we liked better about the movies or the books.

However, we were both thoroughly disappointed in The Order of the Phoenix movie. I am not one who usually critiques how awful books made into movies are as the mediums are so different you can never make a movie exactly like the book. I am fairly lenient on books made into movies. However, how could a movie be so terribly different from the book???? Too much left out (especially important events that will be important for the future like Ron becoming a Quiddittch star???) Oh well, luckily each movie has a different director and hopefully the next director will get things back on track!!
3 comments:
It's been such a long time since I read the book that I can't remember the discrepancies. Sounds like it's time for a re-read. But I must comment that I am a huge Harry Potter fan, possibly the best books I've ever read. She's incredible at lacing the story together.
I was the same way with the whole Potter craze then my sister came home with the first movie and to make a long story short I became interested so decided to read the booksafter that I was hooked. i waited till midnight for the 5th & 7th book. (I was on my mission for the 6th) I love the Harry Potter world. and I love that i got James into it as well. :p
I absolutely agree. I try not to even think about the book when I see the movie for the first time because if I do I go crazy pointing out everything that they miss. So instead I try to experience it for what it is...(sigh)...Glad you're enjoying the Potter adventures as much as I have. Though I'm jealous you never had to wait for a new book - that drove me insane! ;)
Post a Comment