Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'm Done!!

Abby came rushing home today...I heard her from the end of the street whooping and hollering!! She came in and said "I'm done"--meaning she's out of school for the summer. She then told me "No more rules and I get to wear flip flops!" Yes, it's true, Abby can now wear her flip flops every day all day long as much as her heart desires!! My only problem is, summer crept up a little early on me this year and now I am looking ahead at long summer days, no plans of vacationing due to hectic work/school schedules and a pregnancy, and not a thing planned!! This summer might be a great summer to teach Abby cooking, help Nathan solidify his letters before kindergarten, play around Ogden and take advatange of as many free activities as I can. Any other suggestions???

3 comments:

Emily

I am actually terrified for summer because we already took our vacation and ditto...no real plans. (With the exception of Girl's Camp, of course.) I'll be excited about what you come up with and please pass along any suggestions!

Our Corner

One of the things I can remember as a kid is on weekends when my dad was home on weekends we would have our own little "vacation" in our backyard. My dad would fire up the coals and we would have a BBQ then makes smores over then remaining coals. Then we would sleep outside. Dad would pull a matress out on the lawn for him and mom and us kids would usually just sleep in our bags on the ground...sometimes he would even set up the tent. I really enjoyed it when I was younger...so theres my long idea.:p

Leake's

I used to make a list of all the things that I wanted to do during the summer. Find the hot ponds at Saratoga Springs, go the Liberty Park and go through the Aviary, Climb to Timpanogas, ride my horse on Antelope Island, see a certain movie. It's amazing how fast the summer went by and whether we made it to all of the things on the list or not. Enjoy! I think it is going to be a short summer.

Shauna